- Gordon Family
- Birth Registration, General Register Office for Scotland.
- Death Registration, General Register Office for Scotland.
Sarah A. Webb1
Obituary: Mrs. Sarah Runnels, 77 years old, died at 2 o'clock this morning at her home in Merino, after an illness of several weeks. Mrs. Runnels was born at Mansfield, Ill., on September 23, 1860, and grew to womanhood there. She and Mr. Runnels werre married at Farmer City, Ill., in 1880. They resided at Farmer City until 1885, when they located at Juniata, Neb., where they lived for three years. They then filed on a homestead four and a half miles northwest of Sidney. In 1892, they moved to Sidney, and a few years later returned to the homestead. Mr. Runnels died on September 3, 1908. Mrs. Runnels moved to near Messex, Colo., in 1917 and remained there until 1933, when she located at Merino. Surviving Mrs. Runnels are three children, Rollie S. Runnels, Lexington, Neb., Guy A. Runnels and Mrs Pearl Ann Ewerson of Merino; 12 grandchildren; three nieces, Miss Laura A. Johnston and Miss Grace Johnston, Alliance, Neb., and Mrs. Lena Harmonsen, Billings, Mont; three nephews, Clarence A. Webb, George D. West, and Walter Webb, Prosser, Wash. One son, Roy C. Runnels, and one daughter, Mrs. George Claspel, are deceased. Funeral services will be held at the Church of God in Merino at 10 o'clock Wednesday morning, and will be conducted by the pastor, Mrs. A. J. Lovestedt. Burial will be in Riverside cemetery. Funeral arrangements are in charge of Whyman's Funeral Home.2
Children of Sarah A. Webb and Joseph J. Runnels
- Piatt County IL Marriages.
- Obituary (newspaper not known).
- City of Sterling Cemetery Division, Riverside Cemetery Records.
- FamilySearch, Nebraska Marriages 1855-1995.
- 1900 US Census, Nebraska.
- 1910 US Census, Nebraska.
- Piatt County IL Birth Records.
- Ancestry.com, World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards 1917-18.
- 1920 US Census, Colorado.