Isobel Burness (age 39) was enumerated in the census on 6 June 1841 in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, in the household of Alexander Burness.4 Isabella Burness (wife, age 49) was enumerated in the census on 31 March 1851 in 102 Gallowgate, Beattie's Court, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, in the household of Alexander Burness.5
Children of Isobel Pithie and Alexander Burness
- Alexander Burness+3,4 b. 21 Jan 1824, d. 21 Jul 1904
- William Burness4 b. c 1826
- Robert Williamson Burness+6,3,4,5 b. Jun 1828, d. 15 Jan 1884
- John Burness6,4,5 b. Mar 1831
- George Burness6 b. Sep 1833
- James Burness+6,7,8,4,5 b. Oct 1835, d. 12 Apr 1925
- Barbara Burness+6,9,4,5 b. Jul 1839, d. 17 Jul 1905
- Isabella Burness6,5 b. Feb 1842
- George Burness+6,7,3,5 b. May 1845, d. 2 May 1878
- OPR Kinneff and Catterline.
- OPR Dunnottar.
- Death Registration, General Register Office for Scotland.
- 1841 Scottish Census, Aberdeenshire.
- 1851 Scottish Census, Aberdeenshire.
- St John's Episcopal, Aberdeen.
- Carole Wilson, "Scottish GRO Marriage Transcriptions."
- Death Registration, New Zealand Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages, transcribed by: Lawrence Ruxton Burness.
- Marriage Registration, General Register Office for Scotland.
- Peter J. Westwood, Robert Burns Who's Who.
- James Mackay, A Biography of Robert Burns.
- OPR Mauchline.